Saturday, April 18, 2009

Path for Kaiya


Path for Kaiya, 2009

I wrote this post, oh, back in April - 2009!!! And forgot it was waiting for me to publish it - oy, vey.

Watercolor on Strathmore textured paper, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

Wind blowing, mushroomy things, a roller-coaster feel - or more likely just one of those bumpy slides at a playground; rocking waves on a pond; and maybe a birthday party, bright with ribbons and balloons; these are things that might be evoked here. This is for my granddaughter Kaiya, who just turned 5 and is an Aries - the best! (The fact that I said that is how you know I'm an Aries too. It doesn't prove Aries are the best - but it definitely points to Aries thinking they're the best. I do.)

What else can I say about it? There it is. This is one of my favorites.

P.S.: you can see the texture of the textured paper here.

SOLD

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home