Thursday, August 23, 2007

Two in a row! Clydesdale Colt


Oil on masonite,

Hey, hey! I did another painting yesterday. This one looks more unfinished, but I still like it. I think I wimped out a bit on the colt's face. I was painting from 5:30 to 7:30 in the evening. I really really want to get to my painting earlier in the day, but I'm glad I'm doing it, anyway. I photographed it this morning; morning seems to be a good time to photograph the paintings, good light, not direct. I left my tripod set up on my studio balcony (not the same balcony I photographed the buck from), which makes things a bit easier.

This is a Clydesdale colt who was tethered in a open shed at the Draft Horse Classic. He was so gorgeous... I love the markings, not quite like a paint horse, but the white making inroads on his red.

I don't know what else I want to say....

The official size of this is 6" x 8"; exact size is 5 5/16" x 7 15/16". If you're interested in buying this one, please email me. It's $115 plus shipping - probably between $5 and 10, including insurance. This will need about one month's drying time.

Thanks for looking! I hope you enjoy these.

Available

Email me if you'd like to buy this painting.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Shari Elf said...

I love the colt! I love the buck, too. congratulations on 3 paintings this year!

8/24/07, 7:07 AM  
Blogger Eileen Hale said...

Thanks, Shari! I'm glad you enjoy them, colt and buck. I feel cheered on by your applause for my persistence in keeping returning to my painting, even though it doesn't seem like enough to me.

10/1/08, 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home